The Way SEO Works And Why It Is So Important For Small Businesses – Real Guide
Local search is what all users opt for when they do the net surfing for relevant results. It is like when you look for a bakery shop in your area you try and look out for it through local search on internet. Its a great tool being used by most small businesses because the competition is limited and competitors are few. The better ranking and visibility you have on Search Engine Result Page , also referred as SERP, is more likely to get you business and more sales.
Local search results on Google are displayed in two ways to the users – in the form of Google Carousel or in as listed format. The first format which is a carousel format has paid listings and compromises of a map with local destinations. Additionally a prospective list is etched to the link carrying important information like contact details and reviews.
- Create your business or claim the existing – Creating a website of your business is as easy as signing up for Google account. You will be asked to provide details of your business if your business is newbie to the internet world but if your business is already into existence in online world then you must claim it.
- Classify your pages – Paying special attention on how you classify your webpages is essential. Whilst you create or claim your page you’ll be prompted to select a category which would be the first and the most important category you’ll choose.Search Engines do not display businesses with improper categorization or no categorization at all. Once you have selected the primary , most important category , eight additional categories for your business classification to chose from will show up.
- Consistency is the rule – Your business should be consistent across the social media meaning which your name, contact details should remain same in all your web accounts, directory listings etc. This information is also called as NAP data. If your business is unknowingly listed on the web please make sure to claim it and post the consistent relevant content that matches your business profile. Change of information may change your business dynamic and audience may feel cheated. You can look out for unclaimed listings just by doing a simple search or by using Google tools like Localeze or Yext.
- Quality and Quantity emphasis– Recommended is to use famous tools like Moz tool in order to ensure the highest quality in web directory. For quantity improvement one must do searches both for geographic and category terms to list yourself wherein it is required most. One such tool that supports you find more opportunities is White spark’s Local Citation Finder.
- Reviews and Feedback should be tracked – SERP compromises of reviews. One cant do much in having only praises for your own business but just by working in general you may filter out on a good ration of accurate appraisals. Google looks on reviews as one of the ranking factors when it is about local search. As of now reviews are small part and are for searches but in future they will surely play an integral and important part of the local search.
- Web Page Optimization – Once done with local listing one should try best to make the web page appealing. Posting quality photos, enriched description with keyword optimization will appeal visitors and retain them too. Make sure everything is on the web page – your Nap data , specifically.
- Attach inbound links – Try to earn some good number of inbound links from available authoritative sources like local business indexes, newspapers, bloggers etc or can be increased through content development, outreach, social sharing etc.
- Prefer hiring a local SEO consultancy – All aforementioned steps can be done and implied with in-house but never forget SEO is dynamic and search world keep evolving so consistency is required which SEO firm will do without fail for some money agreement.