In the marketplace, there are many data visualization tools (DTV) and these tools are extremely helpful in creating interactive dashboards/ all the dashboards have their individual pros and cons hence, you need to identify which would be more beneficial for you. Amongst these tools, Tableau is the one of the most beneficial tool and is of great advantage such as it can accommodate and analyze massive data, it provides for more data connectivity favorable chances, facilitates for measurement. In addition, it is a tool that is installed in the memory which provides for real time accessing and assessing of data, it also brings together the entire data from various channels so that you get a better picture. You obviously do not have that much of time to look at the results in pieces on different channels.
How do you create a dashboard in Tableau?
Now that you have DVT in place, it is important for you to build a dashboard. Using the following steps:
- Get and install Tableau.
- Connecting your data: Once the Tableau is in operation, you can now connect the entire data from varied sources. You can even use Google Analytics data to obtain sources for gathering data.
- Extracting the data: You need to choose the measures and categories of the data you wish to analyze. Your categories will include source medium, landing pages, social source, city, etc. Measures are usually the number of bounces, visits, page load samples, exits, time on page, etc. It is important for you to understand that the more number of categories you add, you shall obtain large data.
- Tool’s Workspace: Now that you have gathered the data, you need to thoroughly understand the workspace of this tool. You will discover that that there are three main parts; Data, settings, and interpretation.
- Your very first visualization: For the very first attempt, let’s say you wish to see what traffic by medium appears to be. To attain this, you just need to drag and drop icons from the categories and measure sections to the rows and columns. Thus, the scope of assessment and comparison increases.
- Enhance your data: This tool has a very powerful calculation tool that can be altered according to alterations in categories and measures. You can easily define new dimensions to separate your data day-wise, week-wise, and even month-wise. Behavior of all the added dimensions can help you get a better insight on how performance differs within a day also.
- Segment your data: DVTs are highly efficient in segmenting data according to behavior of users. You can have a better idea of how your users are engaging themselves on your landing pages. You can calculate a number of aspects through this tool.
- Filter your options: Through this tool, you can filter data that are relevant in real time. Analysis becomes better and easy by adding required elements while filtering.
- Visual Options: All these steps were taken to start getting to interpretation and now the time has come. The entire report will be presented right in front of you in different styles.