Cloud computing is the name that changed the services of IT by renovating it. Cloud computing has unfolded the way for the organizations to use it for fulfilling the requirements of the organization instead of taking ownership and managing the IT services by themselves or fetching the services of the other software or hardware system.
Benefits of cloud computing:
The benefits which are introduced by the cloud computing are:
- The cost of cloud computing is less than any other services the organization can have. It reduces the cost of saving the expenditure of operations and maintenance.
- The cloud computing improved the automation service also which invites the growth of the organization.
- Cloud computing allows the companies to focus on the major motive that is to provide IT facilities for the mass.
- The flexibility of cloud computing allows the organization to fast provisioning of relocation and new capacities.
Cloud data center and terms that it includes:
Cloud computing data center is the place where the information is stored and then later on distributed to the other cloud centers or to the users. The data center is there to support the more scalable platforms. The improved data center allows the service provider to include more and more applications and data and users and if the data center is cloud-facing it will be more efficient to handle the storage of data. There are some terms that are related to cloud computing and its data center:
- Solid State Drives and flash: this technology is designed to work for the betterment of the organization where it needs a high quality IOPS for the workloads.
- United Computing system: this is a system which is designed in that way that it can enable the capacity of the storage to support massive amounts of resources.
- Multi-tenancy: this program can control the data security, and the management of the resources.
- Replication: this is the system where the process of data distribution and replication occurs. It is important to build a replica of the particular data for future use.
What is the difference between traditional and cloud data center?
If the attention is drawn towards the difference of cloud data center and traditional corporate date center then the idea will be clear about it:
- The traditional data center includes many different applications where cloud data center has only a few applications.
- The traditional data center has various multiple tools where the cloud data center has standardized management tools.
- The traditional data center involves the multiple hardware domain on the other hand the cloud data center involves homogeneous hardware domain.
- In the former one the matching and updating of the frequent application is present but in the latter one the rate of patching and updating is minimal.
- The traditional data center includes complex workloads where cloud data center includes simple workloads.
- The traditional one has various architectures of software but the cloud data center deals with the single standard architecture of software.