Through the most useful invention of the Science that is the internet the lives of the people have become easy and cozy. The people do not have to go here and there to get something but they can get it sitting at their home with few clicks. The educational system also got a new horizon by the help of the internet. The exams can also be given online that is through the internet maintaining some rules. There are various settings available for online exams but one of the most common settings that apply for online exams or quizzes is the one through blackboard. You need to be aware of the facts that an online exam consists of either single attempt or multiple attempts, specific settings for date and timing, time restriction, automatic submission and password protection. Things to keep in mind before you start the online exam:
- Browser: Make sure that you use a blackboard certified or a compatible browser. You can do this by simply reviewing the OS/Browser matrix or you can also run the blackboard system test. It is often useful to check if the system software is up to date. If you are a windows user you can run automatic updates and in case you are a Mac user you can run software update.
- Antivirus: make sure to have your antivirus installed and running while you take the test.
- Wireless internet users: it is advisable that you use a hard wired connection instead of a wireless connection.
- Pop-ups: ensure the disabling of pop-up blockers before you start an exam online. Make sure you close any other unnecessary program that is opened at the time as these may deliver pop-up notifications and interfere with the exam.
- Other links: avoid clicking on any other links during the exam and be sure not to minimize , maximize, resize or launch a new internet browser window.
- Force completion: While taking the exam check the status of force completion. It will give you a clear idea about whether or not the test can be saved and resumed at a later time.
- Timed test: check if the test is timed, if so it will show the required designation, and the time left once you start the exam.
- Timer settings: check for the timer setting. If it indicates that the test will be automatically saved and submitted, it means once the time reaches zero the test with the answers will be submitted without any interference from you, but if the timer setting notifies that after time expires you may continue or submit means you will have to press the save and submit button once the time expires.
The success will be within your grip if you consider these tips to be followed.
These are some of the quick tips of exam that once followed will give you a basic knowledge about the do’s and Don’ts of the online exams.